MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER - ROTHERWAS, HEREFORD
If you are looking for a new challenge with a global market leader which designs and manufactures aerospace search and rescue equipment, HR Smith Group of Companies is the one for you. We are a family run business with over 5 decades of experience and are dedicated to finding the perfect solutions for our customers. Currently we are looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join our Mechanical Engineering Department.
Reporting to our Senior Mechanical Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for creating new designs to support our expanding product range, or the development of existing core products. Working as part of a vertically integrated company, you will work in close collaboration with Sales, Electrical Engineering, Production Engineering, Production Development, Machine Shop & Tool Room in order to establish the very best design solutions, which ensure our products meet the tough demands of our markets and customers.
- Previous experience designing and developing products for harsh environments, including the integration of PCB assemblies.
- Strong design for manufacture and assembly knowledge.
- Full life cycle development and new product introduction experience.
- To be able to read and interpret international standards, and technical specifications, in order to produce compliant designs.
- Experience using 3D CAD software (SolidWorks) to produce component models, assemblies and drawings.
- Knowledge and understanding of the following manufacturing processes, and their limitations, in relation to design; injection moulding, machining and sheet metal.
- The ability to read and understand production documentation, such as; technical drawings, BOMs, assembly processes and procedures.
- A formal Mechanical Engineering qualification; ideally HNC or above.
- An ability to problem solve quickly and efficiently.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Free onsite parking.
- Free refreshments (tea and coffee).
- Casual dress.
- Company social events.
- Opportunity for company bonuses.
- Cost of living reviews carried out annually by the Directors.
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays and your birthday off (to be taken any time in the year).
- Long service holiday accrual scheme where you gain 1 extra holiday day per year from 5-10 years’ service up to a maximum of 26 days.
- Life Insurance Scheme – 3x annual salary.
We have a positive, professional and welcoming environment; you will have the opportunity to work within a fully integrated multidisciplinary business. We offer good job security and stability with career development opportunities for the right candidate.
- Full time position.
- Hours are based on a 40-hour week, Monday to Friday 8.00am to 4.30pm with half an hour each day for lunch. No weekend, evening or bank holiday working.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Free internal training provided as required.
- Opportunities to progress, promote internally and up skill.
- Due to the nature of the business being a manufacturing environment, working from home arrangements are not available.
If you want to find out more about one of Herefordshire’s largest hi-tech companies then please visit our website; www.hr-smith.com.
The HR Department,
H R Smith Group of Companies,
Rotherwas Industrial Estate,