CUSTOMER REPAIRS TECHNICIAN – ROTHERWAS, HEREFORD
If you are looking for a new challenge with a global market leader which designs and manufactures aerospace search and rescue equipment, HR Smith Group of Companies is the one for you. We have over 5 decades of experience and are dedicated to finding the perfect solutions for our customers. We have a positive, professional and welcoming environment; you will have the opportunity to work within a fully integrated multidisciplinary business.
Based at our production facility at Rotherwas, due to continuing growth of the company, an opportunity has arisen for a Customer Repairs technician to join the team, based in our repairs department to work in close association with the quality and production staff, demonstrating compliance to regulations and continuing to ensure high quality standards are met through manufacturing.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with a sound work ethic. The position is ideally suited to a production operative with extensive internal manufacturing experience.
- Support Repair Engineer with repair of customer returned product during busy periods/holiday cover.
- Manufacture of some production assembly parts
- Disposal of scrapped components
- Organise paperwork from Drawing Office required for test and repair
- Procure required components from stores for product repair
- Monitor and highlight component shortages
- Assist with booking in, packing, booking out and dispatch of customer returned product
- Liaise with other company departments to enhance communication, awareness and also resolve discrepancies
- Computer literate namely in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and bespoke company databases
- To ensure all return paperwork is completed to the required standard
- To be fully aware of the Company Standards (Workshop Practices, Drawing Office instructions etc)
- Free onsite parking.
- Free refreshments (tea and coffee).
- Casual dress.
- Company social events.
- Opportunity for company bonuses.
- Cost of living reviews carried out annually by the Directors.
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays and your birthday off (to be taken any time in the year).
- Long service holiday accrual scheme where you gain 1 extra holiday day per year from 5-10 years’ service up to a maximum of 26 days.
- Life Insurance Scheme – 3x annual salary.
We have a positive, professional and welcoming environment; you will have the opportunity to work within a fully integrated multidisciplinary business. We offer good job security and stability with career development opportunities for the right candidate.
- Full time position.
- Hours are based on a 40-hour week, Monday to Friday 45am to 4.15pm with half an hour each day for lunch. No weekend, evening or bank holiday working.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Free internal training provided as required.
- Opportunities to progress, promote internally and up skill.
- Due to the nature of the business being a manufacturing environment, working from home arrangements are not available.
If you want to find out more about one of Herefordshire’s largest hi-tech companies then please visit our website; www.hr-smith.com.
The HR Department,
H R Smith Group of Companies,
Rotherwas Industrial Estate,