PCB DESIGN ENGINEER – ROTHERWAS, HEREFORD
If you are looking for a new challenge with a global market leader which designs and manufactures aerospace search and rescue equipment, HR Smith Group of Companies is the one for you. We have over 5 decades of experience and are dedicated to finding the perfect solutions for our customers. Working for us you will have the opportunity to be part of a fully integrated multidisciplinary business.
We specialise in the design and manufacture of Search and Rescue equipment for aircraft environments, specifically Emergency Locator transmitters, homing and Direction Finding systems and COSPAS_SARSAT Decoding. Our products involve the integration of custom designed RF Transceiver circuits with electronic control and baseland processing, implemented with PIC microcontrollers, ARM processors or FPGA firmware coupled with signal processing software.
The role is to design physical PCB layouts using PCB ECAD software. This will include liaison with Mechanical Design, Electronic and RF Engineering and quality control of layouts. The successful candidate will make a significant contribution to the Design & Development of Techtest products.
- To create PCB layouts for in-house digital and RF circuit designs.
- Achieve PCB data release to industry standards, including all manufacturing requirements, i.e. panelisation, solder masks etc.
- To produce production design data, i.e. bill of materials, circuit diagrams and placement guides to a consistent standard.
- To work closely with electrical and manufacturing engineering staff to enable a concurrent design process.
- To liaise closely with existing PCB suppliers and potential new suppliers to ensure consistent supplier performance.
- PCB ECAD design flow, (Altium Designer)
- High Speed Digital Layout, Mixed signal design Layout
- PCB design for EMC
- RF design Layout
- Microsoft Office
- Good knowledge of assembly process capabilities
- Certified Interconnect Designer (CID or CID+)
- Free onsite parking.
- Free refreshments (tea and coffee).
- Casual dress.
- Company social events.
- Opportunity for company bonuses.
- Cost of living reviews carried out annually by the Directors.
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays and your birthday off (to be taken any time in the year).
- Long service holiday accrual scheme where you gain 1 extra holiday day per year from 5-10 years’ service up to a maximum of 26 days.
- Life Insurance Scheme – 3x annual salary.
We have a positive, professional and welcoming environment; you will have the opportunity to work within a fully integrated multidisciplinary business. We offer good job security and stability with career development opportunities for the right candidate.
- Full time position.
- Hours are based on a 40-hour week, Monday to Friday 7.45 am to 4.15 pm with half an hour each day for lunch. No weekend, evening or bank holiday working.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Free internal training provided as required.
- Opportunities to progress, promote internally and up skill.
- Due to the nature of the business being a manufacturing environment, working from home arrangements are not available.
If you want to find out more about one of Herefordshire’s largest hi-tech companies then please visit our website; www.hr-smith.com.
The HR Department,
H R Smith Group of Companies,
Rotherwas Industrial Estate,