ANTENNA DESIGN ENGINEER – ROTHERWAS, HEREFORD
If you are looking for a new challenge with a global market leader which designs and manufactures Aircraft Antenna systems, HR Smith Group of Companies is the one for you. We have over 5 decades of experience and are dedicated to finding the perfect solutions for our customers. Working for us you will have the opportunity to be part of a fully integrated multidisciplinary business.
We specialise in the design and manufacture of Aircraft Antennas and accessories for airborne radios from 30MHz to 6GHz. We have a large variety of antenna types from electrical small passive antennas to adaptive active array antennas.
Some antennas are integrated with our Search and Rescue equipment, specifically Emergency Locator Transmitters, Homing and Direction-Finding Systems. These may involve the integration of custom designed RF Transceiver Circuits with electronic control and baseband processing, implemented with PIC microcontrollers, ARM processors or FPGA firmware coupled with signal processing software.
The role will involve Antenna Design using Electromagnetic Computer tools CST and FEKO; Antenna measurements using Network Analysers, Anechoic Chambers and Outdoor Far-field test range. Training will be provided to the successful applicant who will be expected to have an interest in the subject.
- Design & Prototyping of custom antenna solutions.
- Antenna test and optimisation.
- Antenna manufacturing processes.
- Production of Antenna life-cycle documentation.
- Support for existing products.
Relevant Experience – Training Provided:
- Good knowledge of Antenna theory.
- Use of Vector Network Analysers.
- Familiarity with the use of far-field measuring techniques.
- Antenna design/manufacturing experience.
- Use of Antenna simulation Software (CST, FEKO).
- Antenna design at VHF/UHF frequencies.
- RF Filter design.
- Active Antenna Design.
- Free onsite parking.
- Free refreshments (tea and coffee).
- Casual dress.
- Company social events.
- Opportunity for company bonuses.
- Cost of living reviews carried out annually by the Directors.
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays and your birthday off (to be taken any time in the year).
- Long service holiday accrual scheme where you gain 1 extra holiday day per year from 5-10 years’ service up to a maximum of 26 days.
- Life Insurance Scheme – 3x annual salary.
We have a positive, professional and welcoming environment; you will have the opportunity to work within a fully integrated multidisciplinary business. We offer good job security and stability with career development opportunities for the right candidate.
- Full time position.
- Hours are based on a 40-hour week, Monday to Friday 7.45am to 4.15pm with half an hour each day for lunch. No weekend, evening or bank holiday working.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Free internal training provided as required.
- Opportunities to progress, promote internally and up skill.
- Due to the nature of the business being a manufacturing environment, working from home arrangements are not available.
If you want to find out more about one of Herefordshire’s largest hi-tech companies then please visit our website; www.hr-smith.com.
The HR Department,
H R Smith Group of Companies,
Rotherwas Industrial Estate,