TEAM LEADER: PCB DESIGN – ROTHERWAS, HEREFORD
If you are looking for a new challenge with a global market leader which designs and manufactures aerospace search and rescue equipment, HR Smith Group of Companies is the one for you. We have over 5 decades of experience and are dedicated to finding the perfect solutions for our customers. Working for us you will have the opportunity to be part of a fully integrated multidisciplinary business.
We specialise in the design and manufacture of Search and Rescue equipment for aircraft environments, specifically Emergency Locator transmitters, homing and Direction Finding systems and COSPAS_SARSAT Decoding. Our products involve the integration of custom designed RF Transceiver circuits with electronic control and baseland processing, implemented with PIC microcontrollers, ARM processors or FPGA firmware coupled with signal processing software.
The role will involve leading a small team responsible for the PCB physical design process. This will include liaison with
Mechanical Design, Electronic and RF Engineering, quality control of layouts, and training and mentoring of junior team members. The successful candidate will make a significant contribution to the Design & Development of Techtest products.
- To lead a small team responsible for the PCB physical design process
- Achieve PCB data release to industry standards, including all manufacturing requirements, i.e. panelisation, solder masks etc
- To produce production design data, i.e. bill of materials, circuit diagrams and placement guides to a consistent standard
- To work closely with electrical and manufacturing engineering staff to enable a concurrent design process
- To liaise closely with existing PCB suppliers and potential new suppliers to ensure consistent supplier performance
- PCB ECAD design flow, (Altium Designer)
- High Speed Digital Layout, Mixed signal design Layout
- PCB design for EMC
- RF design Layout
- Microsoft Office
- Good knowledge of assembly process capabilities
- Certified Interconnect Designer (CID or CID+)
- Free onsite parking.
- Free refreshments (tea and coffee).
- Casual dress.
- Company social events.
- Opportunity for company bonuses.
- Cost of living reviews carried out annually by the Directors.
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays and your birthday off (to be taken any time in the year).
- Long service holiday accrual scheme where you gain 1 extra holiday day per year from 5-10 years’ service up to a maximum of 26 days.
- Life Insurance Scheme – 3x annual salary.
We offer good job security and stability with career development opportunities for the right candidate. If you want to find out more about one of Herefordshire’s largest hi-tech companies then please visit our website; www.hr-smith.com
Full time position.
Salary commensurate with experience. Hours are based on a 40-hour week, Monday to Friday 7.45 am to 4.15 pm with half an hour each day for lunch.