SENIOR BUYER – ROTHERWAS, HEREFORD
If you are looking for a new challenge with a global market leader which designs and manufactures aerospace search and rescue equipment, HR Smith Group of Companies is the one for you. We are a family run business with over 5 decades of experience and are dedicated to finding the perfect solutions for our customers. Currently we are looking for a Senior Buyer to join us at our Production Facility in Rotherwas.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for the purchasing of components and materials to ensure production continuity and ideally possess:
- 3-5 years’ experience of parts and materials to support production demands, and a variety of general products via purchase requisitions.
- Have comprehensive experience and understanding of best practice purchasing principles.
- Have extensive experience of working within an MRP/ERP system.
- Must possess a positive can-do approach and be able to multi-task environment with changing priorities when required.
- Possess excellent negotiation skills.
- Track record of implementing cost saving initiatives.
- To maintain relationships and develop business with new suppliers.
- Proven organisational skills.
- Experience of appraisal and selection of news suppliers.
- Good understanding of ISO 9001 systems in relation to the purchasing and supply function.
- Must be willing to fully integrate into the existing team and enjoy working within a team environment.
- Ability to analyse large quantities of data and produce subsequent reports from this data.
- Experience of sub-contract ordering and liaison.
- Inventory management experience
- Good interpersonal skills with a proven record of effective communication
- Strong skills in the use of excel
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude
- CIPS qualified or working towards would be of benefit
- Relevant experience within a highly regulated industry
- Previous experience with electronic components
- Free onsite parking.
- Free refreshments (tea and coffee).
- Casual dress.
- Company social events.
- Opportunity for company bonuses.
- Cost of living reviews carried out annually by the Directors.
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays and your birthday off (to be taken any time in the year).
- Long service holiday accrual scheme where you gain 1 extra holiday day per year from 5-10 years’ service up to a maximum of 26 days.
- Life Insurance Scheme – 3x annual salary.
We have a positive, professional and welcoming environment; you will have the opportunity to work within a fully integrated multidisciplinary business. We offer good job security and stability with career development opportunities for the right candidate.
- Full time position.
- Hours are based on a 40-hour week, Monday to Friday 8.00am to 4.30pm with half an hour each day for lunch. No weekend, evening or bank holiday working.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Free internal training provided as required.
- Opportunities to progress, promote internally and up skill.
- Due to the nature of the business being a manufacturing environment, working from home arrangements are not available.
If you want to find out more about one of Herefordshire’s largest hi-tech companies then please visit our website; www.hr-smith.com.
The HR Department,
H R Smith Group of Companies,
Rotherwas Industrial Estate,