PURCHASING COMPONENT ENGINEER – ROTHERWAS, HEREFORD
If you are looking for a new challenge with a global market leader which designs and manufactures aerospace search and rescue equipment, HR Smith Group of Companies is the one for you. We are a family run business with over 5 decades of experience and are dedicated to finding the perfect solutions for our customers. We are currently seeking a Purchasing Component Engineer who will work in close association with the Purchasing Manager and Senior Production Manager to ensure timely Component Selection and Management is carried out in accordance with HR Smith Group requirements. The successful candidate will be responsible for New Component identification and approval, Obsolescence management and Company wide support for component enquires.
- Free onsite parking.
- Free refreshments (tea and coffee).
- Casual dress.
- Company social events.
- Opportunity for company bonuses.
- Cost of living reviews carried out annually by the Directors.
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays and your birthday off (to be taken any time in the year).
- Long service holiday accrual scheme where you gain 1 extra holiday day per year from 5-10 years’ service up to a maximum of 26 days.
- Life Insurance Scheme – 3x annual salary.
Areas of Responsibility
- Maintain database of Components
- Monitor availability of Components and stock longevity.
- Identify MPN alternatives
- Stores index number maintenance
- Identify manufacturer’s Part Number/s (MPN); Multiple MPNs if available
- Monitor Export Control status
- Country of Origin (COO) Identification.
- Determine Stock levels in distribution
- Monitor Factory Lead times
- Determine Minimum Order Quantity (MOQ)
- Obsolescence, Identify & Evaluate Direct replacements
Relevant experience within the Aerospace or other highly regulated industry would prove advantageous but is not essential. Additionally, the successful candidate will ideally possess:
- Have experience and understanding of best practice purchasing principles.
- Have experience of working within an MRP/ERP system.
- Must possess a positive/can-do attitude and be able to handle a busy multi-task environment with changing priorities when required.
- Possess excellent IT, communication and negotiation skills.
- To maintain relationships and develop business with new suppliers.
- Good understanding of ISO9001 systems in relation to the Purchasing and Supply function.
- Ability to analyse large quantities of data and produce subsequent reports from this data.
We have a positive, professional and welcoming environment; you will have the opportunity to work within a fully integrated multidisciplinary business. We offer good job security and stability with career development opportunities for the right candidate.
- Full time position. Hours are based on a 40-hour week, Monday to Friday 8.00am to 4.30pm with half an hour each day for lunch. No weekend, evening or bank holiday working.
- Highly competitive salary – commensurate with experience.
- Free internal training provided as required.
- Opportunities to progress, promote internally and up skill.