SKILLED MACHINIST – ROTHERWAS, HEREFORD
If you are looking for a new challenge with a global market leader which designs and manufactures aerospace search and rescue equipment, HR Smith Group of Companies is the one for you. We are a family run business with over 5 decades of experience and are dedicated to finding the perfect solutions for our customers. Currently we are looking for a Skilled Machinist to work in close association with the Machine Shop Manager, Machine Shop Personnel, Quality Assurance, Mechanical Engineering, Stores Personnel and Purchasing Teams.
In this role, the successful applicant will be expected set and operate CNC milling machines and CNC lathes for piece part manufacture to the required standard, using the correct material in a timely manner.
- Free onsite parking.
- Free refreshments (tea and coffee).
- Casual dress.
- Company social events.
- Opportunity for company bonuses.
- Cost of living reviews carried out annually by the Directors.
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays and your birthday off (to be taken any time in the year).
- Long service holiday accrual scheme where you gain 1 extra holiday day per year from 5-10 years’ service up to a maximum of 26 days.
- Life Insurance Scheme – 3x annual salary.
- Machining of prototype piece parts in conjunction with Design and Production Engineering.
- Manufacture of Production Jigs, Fixtures and tooling as required.
- To perform CNC programming on a variety of CNC Machining centres and Lathes.
- To set and operate CNC machining centres, Lathes and a press brake.
- To set and operate Manuel Milling machine and Lathes.
- To problem solve and make decisions on ways to decrease cycle times.
- To mentor apprentices as they move through the Machine Shop.
Other Duties include but are not limited to:
- To adhere to all Health and Safety rules and regulations.
- From time to time you may be required to drive a Company vehicle whilst on Company business.
- To undertake any reasonable duty specified by Senior Management.
We have a positive, professional and welcoming environment; you will have the opportunity to work within a fully integrated multidisciplinary business. We offer good job security and stability with career development opportunities for the right candidate.
- Full time position.
- Hours are based on a 40-hour week, Monday to Friday 8.00am to 4.30pm with half an hour each day for lunch. No weekend, evening or bank holiday working.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Free internal training provided as required.
- Opportunities to progress, promote internally and up skill.
If you want to find out more about one of Herefordshire’s largest hi-tech companies then please visit our website; www.hr-smith.com
The HR Department,
H R Smith Group of Companies,
Rotherwas Industrial Estate,