MACHINE SHOP RESOURCE ASSISTANT – ROTHERWAS, HEREFORD
If you are looking for a new challenge with a global market leader which designs and manufactures aerospace search and rescue equipment, HR Smith Group of Companies is the one for you. We are a family run business with over 5 decades of experience and are dedicated to finding the perfect solutions for our customers. Currently we are looking for a Machine Shop Resource Assistant to work in close association with the Machine Shop Manager, Machine Shop Personnel, Quality Assurance, Mechanical Engineering, Stores Personnel and Purchasing Teams. In this role, the successful applicant will assist the Machine Shop Personnel with piece part manufacture in the Machine Shop area.
- To work in close association with the Machine Shop supervisor to ensure production targets are met.
- To ensure that all methods of material traceability are recorded and observed.
- To produce to dimensions, machine ready material for piece part manufacturing requirements.
- To assist in the maintenance of raw material stock.
- To operate CNC Machining Centres, Router, Lathes and Press Brake.
- To operate manual milling machines and manual lathes.
- To operate finish preparation equipment.
- Ensure all production paperwork is completed correctly.
- To be fully aware of company standards (Workshop Practices, Drawing Office instructions etc).
Other Duties include but are not limited to:
- To adhere to all Health and Safety rules and regulations.
- From time to time, you may be required to drive a Company vehicle whilst on Company business.
- To undertake any reasonable duty specified by Senior Management.
- Free onsite parking.
- Free refreshments (tea and coffee).
- Casual dress.
- Company social events.
- Opportunity for company bonuses.
- Cost of living reviews carried out annually by the Directors.
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays and your birthday off (to be taken any time in the year).
- Long service holiday accrual scheme where you gain 1 extra holiday day per year from 5-10 years’ service up to a maximum of 26 days.
- Life Insurance Scheme – 3x annual salary.
We have a positive, professional and welcoming environment; you will have the opportunity to work within a fully integrated multidisciplinary business. We offer good job security and stability with career development opportunities for the right candidate.
- Full time position.
- Hours are based on a 40-hour week, Monday to Friday 8.00 am to 4.30 pm with half an hour each day for lunch. No weekend, evening or bank holiday working.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Free internal training provided as required.
- Opportunities to progress, promote internally and up skill.
- Due to the nature of the business being a manufacturing environment, working from home arrangements are not available.
If you want to find out more about one of Herefordshire’s largest hi-tech companies then please visit our website; www.hr-smith.com.
The HR Department,
H R Smith Group of Companies,
Rotherwas Industrial Estate,