The need to accurately pinpoint downed aircraft through the use of a Crash Position Indicator (CPI) or Automatically Deployable Beacon (ADELT) has always existed. The increasing use of Cospas/Sarsat and Global Positioning System (GPS) has highlighted the need for a CPI which has expanded capabilities. The Techtest 503 Series of CPI includes full Cospas/Sarsat coverage together with the inclusion of transmission of last known GPS co-ordinates on the satellite 406MHz long message.
The FDR Module records flight data and cockpit voice data. The information can then be extracted upon retrieval of the beacon.
Features include on aircraft programming of Cospas/Sarsat protocols allowing easy removal and replacement of the CPI beacon, whereby the replacement is automatically programmed with the exisiting aircraft protocol.
Modular design of the system allows for ease of maintenance and multi-axis solid state G-Switch technology ensures reliable operation against CAA specification 16.
- Fixed and rotary wing operation
- Built-in GPS option
- Multi-axis G-Switch operation
- Solid state activation devices eliminates rogue operation
- On aircraft programming for Cospas/Sarsat aircraft protocols
- Flight Data Recorder (FDR) memory option
- GPS transmission of lat long data on 406MHz message
- Maintenance lock-out for safe hangar environment
- Modular construction
For further information, please contact us.